Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Bobke TV - Fortune Cookie Chronicles

Bob Roll was a professional bicycle racer in the 1980-1990 era. He competed in the Tour de France and dozens of other events. Roll was also quite competitive in mountain bike races. He has been a television commentator for many years during the Tour de France.

Roll is quite humorous but also insightful during his commentary. Below is a video from his most recent Fortune Cookie Chronicles on three ways biking may improve your life.

When I think back through my life it's amazing how much I really rode a bike. As a kid I always had a bike and rode everywhere. As a teenager I often rode to school and around town. It just seemed a natural thing to do. In adult life I kind of lost my use of a bike, but did commute to work on occasion. It wasn't until the past ten years or so that I have reconnected with bicycling. Much of that is due to trying to complete duathlons or triathlons, but also commuting to work.

Why do you ride?

2 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

I bike alongside my wife as she runs. It has been a while, but I am very happy I have rediscovered the bike. Fun, healthy, fun. I'd run too, but she wants all the glory for herself.

Mike said...

Wives can be like that.