Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Race Day Approaches!

The IM 70.3 race in Lake Placid is Sunday, September 10. Six of our Sal's members have been consumed with training and planning for this race for months. I was particularly worried about excessive heat and/or humidity. Silly man. The forecast is now for 40 degrees at 7am race day, and climbing to 60ish by mid-day. The water is holding at a refreshing (chilly) 63 degrees. Now I'm hoping the nighttime temperatures don't bring the water in Mirror Lake down even more. The wind chill on our bike ride should be exhilarating.
On a positive note, the run should be nice and cool, perfect temps and little wind.

I think it's time for a little triathlon humor, so I borrowed a few cartoons from the Interweb.


For Lou



This next one is for MW. If I see him do this in transition my race is over. 



2 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks Joanne for letting me use your heart monitor. Otherwise I would have been naked.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to do a little cross training.......