Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

And We Have Takeoff!

Yesterday I was given the go ahead to begin "running" again by my physical therapist! After a few tests in the PT room he let me get on their treadmill and switch between walking for 3 minutes and running for 2 minutes. I went a whole 2.0 miles.

My pace for the first week has to be at 50% of my typical everyday run pace. My workouts are on a three day rotation. Monday I ran (though I also swam using a buoy last night), today I do weights and leg strengthening exercises, Wednesday I rest my legs. No biking for at least a week.

Thursday it all begins again. I can extend the run portion by 1/4 mile every third day, assuming no pain. If things go well in 10 days I can add biking back and begin to slowly increase my running distance and pace.

Yay!   

No comments: